Sebago Canoe Club's - ALL CLUB INVITATIONAL
SATURDAY JULY 17, 10am-5pm RAIN or SHINE
COME SAY HELLO TO OLD FRIENDS AND MEET NEW ONES
(download a pdf of the FAQ - download a poster for the event)
- What is the all club invitational? A gathering of Human Powered boaters on Jamaica Bay. Jamaica Bay is part of the Gateway National Recreation Area and encompasses over 16,000 acres of islands, salt marshes, beaches, duck marshes and is teeming with wildlife. There will be guided trips or you can enjoy the Bay on your own.
- What activities are scheduled? You can explore the bay on your own or join one of the many guided trip into the Bay escorted by a Sebago member. There will be specific destinations where you can land and hear information about the harbor estuary system from our partner organizations. Relax on our grounds and enjoy the day, the choice is yours. Download the list of guided trips.
- Does it cost anything to participate? NO, the event is totally FREE. If you are an ACA member you are covered for on water insurance. If not, Sebago will provide ACA insurance for you for the day free of charge.
- Will there be food available to buy? Sebago will be providing food and drinks all day long for our friends and guests AT NO CHARGE. You should bring along energy bars and water for any trips you plan to take.
- Do I have to be a member of a club to participate? NO, individual human powered boaters are welcome; existing clubs were invited first in order to reach the largest number of people.
- Do I have to reserve a place? Reservations are not required but, we ask that ALL clubs and individuals let us know they are coming by June 28th so we can plan on the appropriate amount of parking, food, drink, trips etc.
- Do I have to have my own boat? Unfortunately YES, due to the large number of people coming we cannot loan out boats. If you are a member of a club, try to borrow a club boat. If you are an individual see if you can borrow a boat from a friend or rent one for the day from a local outfitter.
- What types of boats can participate? ANY human powered craft. Sebago has an 8' wide ramp leading down to a 30' dock that has a low freeboard. If your boat is larger and cannot fit down our ramp, you can launch from one of our neighbor s concrete boat ramps. We have the facility to launch any boat of any size and weight. The ONLY RESTRICTION is that to enter Jamaica Bay you have to go under a bridge with a 28' clearance at mean high tide. We ask that any person with a boat that cannot fit down our ramp should let us know so we can arrange for you to moor and launch at one of the adjoining clubs. Please contact the All Club coordinator to reserve a spot by June 28th - email@example.com
- How can we get there? Sebago is accessible by public transportation or by car, see our website: http://www.sebagocanoeclub.org/dirB.html. Please be aware that you CANNOT take a trailer on any Parkway in New York and will have to use truck routes if you are towing to come to Sebago.
- Is parking available? Yes, there is parking on the street in front of the club and Sebago has made arrangements with our neighboring clubs to use their parking lots at no charge.
- Can we bring a trailer to carry more boats? YES, trailer parking including overnight is available, please contact the All Club coordinator by June 28th to reserve a spot - firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT: email@example.com
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ON JULY 17th and ON THE WATER.